Pages

Monday, July 23, 2007

Misc

1) Walt Crawford's new Cites & Insights is available here.
Frankly you should already be subscribed to it but if not, check it out.

2) If you use ScribeFire and got the latest update, have you noticed that there is no longer a way to exit? There used to be an "x" in the upper right hand corner and now it's gone. Not sure what happened there.

3) I've shared some articles in the share box in the lower right hand corner of this blog which are worth checking out.

4) After the last week being at Pitt, which was awesome, I'm having a hard time getting back into the flow of things. But Pitt was uber cool especially since I got to do a lot of non-required reading.
I would recommend
Eleanor Rigby by Douglas Coupland (yes like the Beatles' song)
Bluebeard Kurt Vonnegut
God Bless you, Mr. Rosewater Kurt Vonnegut
Player Piano Kurt Vonnegut
The Revenge of the Lawn, The Abortion, So The Wind Won't Blow it All Away Richard Brautigan (I really like Brautigan's writing and this is frankly the best of his work that I've read so far.)

5) Check out heelpress
It seems to be a sort of self-published peer review deal. I'm going to try it and see what happens Will let you know how it goes. so it goes.

6) Really fantastically good used/rare bookstores in Pitt:
CALIBAN BOOK SHOP
TOWNSEND BOOKSELLERS

No comments: